The Perfect 10:
1. Character is everything – make people want to spend time with them.
2. Get the story going – hit the ground running.
3. Medium and format – choose the right form for your story – whether it be radio, tv, film or theatre.
4. Coherence – know your world and story. Authenticity is key.
5. Emotion – make sure your stories matter on a human level.
6. Surprise – cliches kill a story!
7. Structure is key – start at the right place, and make sure you keep the energy up for the ending.
8. Exposition and expression – exposition is the biggest problem they have!
9. Passion – does it get under your skin?
10. Be yourself – have an original, distinct voice.