Alright. This is a repost. I dug it out of my archives.
Try this exercise. Fill in the blanks with your answers.
1. If time and money weren’t factors, I’d love to take a course: in creative writing.
2. I’ve always wanted to ask (person you know): Sarah Dessen, about: how to get in touch with the characters emotions well.
3. I’ve always wanted to know how: where writers get their inspiration from.
4. My life would improve if I could only: get published.
5. When I have a sleepless night, it’s usually because I’m worried about: my story that is going nowhere.
6. The worst injustice I can think of is: having someone else take credit for your writing.
7. When I was a kid, I was really passionate about: Barbie dolls? Okay, kidding. Writing a novel.
8. I have always been embarrassed to admit that nothing really interests me.
9. In my life, I have overcome: the ‘writer’s gremlin’ – the writer’s block.
10. If I could volunteer for just one cause, it would be: to support aspiring writers.
11. I wish I were better at: writing, imagining.
12. I have always wondered why: other girls can write so much better than me.