(Or, A Frivolous Post on Discoveries Made At 24)
((Or, What My 24-year-old Self Will Tell My 18-year-old Self))
1. You will never stop looking for stories.
2. Or loving them.
3. It’s okay to go all out with pink, even if people give you this look
4. You still won’t know what you’re really good at.
5. But you know what you will keep doing even if you’re not paid for it.
6. You will learn that you are not supposed to wash away toner.
7. You will still hate wearing heels.
8. Your Facebook feed will be filled with your friends getting engaged/married/pregnant.
9. Meanwhile, you’re just like
10. There is nothing wrong with reading Young Adult fiction even though you’re technically a New Adult.
Don’t ever be a book snob.
11. There are books that will move you
12. And shake you to your very core
13. And books you wish you’d written
14. You will face rejection. Lots of it.
But you will keep trying. Because you want it that badly.
15. It pays to take a shot and put your work out there. You never know when it might get published.
16. The only way to get anywhere near published is by sitting your ass down and finishing that novel.
17. A long swim makes everything better.
18. Graduation ceremony is important to the people who saw you through to that point.
So take it seriously!
19. You don’t like being lonely. You just like being alone.
20. Sometimes it’s better to cut your losses and move on to better things.
21. Don’t regret or be embarrassed by the things that make you happy.
22. When you stop obsessing, things fall into place.
23. People can be nice to you if you open up to them.
24. You still don’t have shit figured out.